Geographic Loadbalancing..

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Geographic Loadbalancing..
From: mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:43:50 +1000
We have a client that is insisting on co-locating a redundant webserver at
there office (Primary server located in our Data Centre).

They are looking for active/passive scenario, where the primimary server will
be responsible for all requests, and the secondary should only come into play
if the primary is unavailable.(Secondary is connected to the Internet via a
different ISP)

I was hoping I could get away with the one LVS Director sitting in front of
the primary server:

Standard situation would be traffic is received by Director, and forwarded
through to the Primary server (Sitting on the same network segment) - But if
Primary should fail, secondary server would be located on a totally different
network - And hopefully I can get the director to forward requests to it! Is
this possible?

Regards,
MB

This e-mail was sent via Data FX Online WebMail http://www.datafx.com.au/