Re: Geographic Loadbalancing..

Subject: Re: Geographic Loadbalancing..
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:56:46 +0100
If you set up multiple DNS A records the secondary site will only be used if the first goes down...
The client will sort out the details.

See the fud section on my sight for a link to description (under the GSLB bit) :

http://www.loadbalancer.org/fud.html

How on earth will they replicate their data/sessions etc. ?

mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
We have a client that is insisting on co-locating a redundant webserver at there office (Primary server located in our Data Centre).

They are looking for active/passive scenario, where the primimary server will be responsible for all requests, and the secondary should only come into play if the primary is unavailable.(Secondary is connected to the Internet via a different ISP)

I was hoping I could get away with the one LVS Director sitting in front of the primary server:

Standard situation would be traffic is received by Director, and forwarded through to the Primary server (Sitting on the same network segment) - But if Primary should fail, secondary server would be located on a totally different network - And hopefully I can get the director to forward requests to it! Is this possible?

Regards,
MB