RE: sendmail cluster

Subject: RE: sendmail cluster
From: "Peter Mueller" <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:07:39 -0700
Sorry about breaking format, I'm using webmail.  I would like to go inline but
with this it's such a chore..

MTA : use what you are most familiar with.  Like Todd I'm also most familiar
with Postfix and Sendmail; those are the two I like most.

The part I'd like to chime in on is the remote file mounts.  Although you could
buy a SAN or setup NFS, you will most likely end up setting a
single-point-of-failure that will bite you down the line.  Maybe a combination
of SAN/NFS with DRDB (http://www.drbd.org/) would be appropriate.

Then again, maybe we are all batty.  You haven't said how much traffic you
expect or what kind of budget you are working with.  Until you do, we'll
probably keep adding more and more fault tolerance to your setup.  Pretty soon
you will have 50 servers for this mail setup formerly handled by one.