Pop-Before-SMTP and LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Pop-Before-SMTP and LVS
From: Kelly Corbin <kcorbin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 17:14:08 -0500
I just added pop and smtp services to my load balancers, and I wanted to know if there was a way to tie the two connections together somehow. I use pop-before-smtp to allow my users to send mail, but sometimes they reconnect to a different server for smtp than the one they pop-ed into. Most of the time it's OK because they have pop-ed to both of the servers in the cluster but every now and then I have a user with an issue.

Is there a way to have it keep track of the IP and always send those SMTP and POP connections to the same real server?

Can anyone think of a way to accomplish this?

I use ldirectord for my virtual server management.

Thanks!

Kelly

-- Kelly Corbin
-- Network Administrator