Re: Pop-Before-SMTP and LVS

Subject: Re: Pop-Before-SMTP and LVS
From: Josh Marshall <josh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 09:07:17 +1000
On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 08:14, Kelly Corbin wrote:
> Is there a way to have it keep track of the IP and always send those
> SMTP and POP connections to the same real server?
>
> Can anyone think of a way to accomplish this?

You don't need to have the smtp and pop connections on the same real server.
We've got three mail servers here with pop-before-smtp running... I just
point the daemons at the same file on an nfs share and it all just works. The
pop-before-smtp daemons can handle all writing to the same file just fine.

Regards,
Josh