Re: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN

Subject: Re: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 15:57:18 -0500
redirecting decoy wrote:

> Joe,
>
> I am still unable to create a functioning LVS-Tunnel.

Have you got LVS-DR or LVS-NAT to work first?

> I imagine that it
> is a routing problem, however I cannot for the life of me find out where
> I goofed the configuration.   Perhaps if I provide a step-by-step of what I am
> doing, then perhaps my errors may become obvious to someone that has more
> experience with this software.
>
> Here is a small diagram of what I want to setup:
> DIP=192.168.10.110
> VIP=192.168.10.111
> CIP=192.168.10.15
>
> RS1=10.1.2.254
> RS2=10.1.3.254
> RSn=10.1.x.x

> #INTERNET#
> #FIREWALL#  192.168.10.1   (Gateway for all 192.168.10.x Addresses)
> #UML Host#  192.168.10.100 (Bridged to eth0, with tap devices for DIP
> eth0,ethx,etc)
> #DIP (UML)# 192.168.10.110
>         |               192.168.10.111 (Arps)
>     |------------------|
> #RS1 (10.1.2.254)# ---------- #RS2 (10.1.2.254)#
>          ($VIP - No Arp)                ($VIP - No Arp)
>                  |                                |
>                  ----------------------------
>                                          #CIP#   192.168.10.15 (or any other
> address)

I assume this diagram has been scramble in mailing. Can you put spaces
instead of tabs (incase this is what you've done).

This diagram doesn't look like a normal LVS which should be

Look in the HOWTO/mini-HOWTO for examples

Is there anyway you can do this without UML first?

LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx