Re: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN

Subject: Re: Trouble setting up LVS/TUN
From: redirecting decoy <redirectingdecoy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 07:40:20 -0800 (PST)
> I believe this is the same as with the UML?

Yeah, same problem if I use uml.

> There's something wrong here that has nothing to do with LVS.
> Do you have any idea why you're getting the "administratively prohibited"
> message.
> I've never had that, so I don't know what it is (other than my quick search
> of google). Do you have filter rules in here? wierd networkctls?

Nope, no idea why I am getting that message.  I have no especially strange
filter
rules. I've even tested all of this with my iptables rules turned off on all my
machines.

> Then bring down the VIP on the director and you should no longer
> be able to ping the VIP.

That works.

I have a question about the director.  Right now I am using ssh as my test
service.
If I am on the director, and I try to ssh VIP, I get sent to the
local(directors) ssh.
Should'nt it be redirected to my real server ?

-R.D.