Re: Performance issues with LVS-NAT

Subject: Re: Performance issues with LVS-NAT
From: Ed Fisher <efisher@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:31:54 -0600

On Feb 9, 2005, at 5:08 AM, Joseph Mack wrote:

Ed Fisher wrote:

1) None of the real servers can load pages from virtualized IPs.

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/mini-HOWTO/LVS-mini- HOWTO.html#gotchas

look at the entry by Jacob Reif

Is there any way to perform the same function with iptables rules on the director, rather than on the real server? The real servers don't necessarily all have iptables support.

The hosts method seems like a possibility if that's impossible. A more fun possibility is requiring our coders to stop using fopen() in php on URLs that are being balanced by the VIP.

On the other issue:
I tested again with a different cable and seemed to be able to saturate the link. That is, I was able to get about 55mbit/s through the director in testing while the CSS was simultaneously serving up about 45mbit/s.

Sorry again for wasting time with that one. I never even thought to check the uplink cable from switch to router until late last night.

-Ed