RE: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)

Subject: RE: Large HTTP GET/POST revisited (and solved)
From: "Chris Paul" <Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:43:21 -0000
Isn't this fixed in Kernel 2.6 anyway?

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 11 March 2005 11:53
To: LinuxVirtualServer.org users mailing list.

Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/11/2005 01:21:46
AM:

> This is an old topic, and there has been much debate on
> the solution.

everyone knows the problem now, but no-one has a solution.

> A few hours of debugging later,

:-)

> So, we have to change that MSS that gets sent back from realserver
> to client.  That is, set the MTU on the loopback interface on the
> Win2k box.

neato. Great work and nice description. This is a longtime unsolved
problem. Thanks

> What really sucks is that now that I "get it," it seems
> like I should have figured this out ages ago.

this has taken quite a while. Take a big bow

Thanks
Joe

Berkeley Alexander
Temple House, 25-26 High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 2SD
Tel 01273 477784, Fax 01273 478994, info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.baonline.co.uk

PLEASE NOTE:
It may not represent the views of Berkeley Alexander. It is intended solely for
the addressees. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you
are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Any unauthorised recipient should advise the sender immediately of
the error in transmission.