Re: FTP

Subject: Re: FTP
From: LVS@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 11:16:50 -0600
Mack.Joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Joseph Mack PhD, High Performance Computing & Scientific Visualisation
LMIT, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.john@xxxxxxx

lvs-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 03/09/2005 06:10:27
PM:

Is there a good "How To" out there that anyone has run
across for running FTP through LVS?
I've done some searches and I haven't yet seen anything complete.

what's missing from the LVS-HOWTO?
Sorry Mr. Mack, I didn't mean to call your baby ugly (I see your name at the top of the LVS-HOWTO) I just have trouble following parts of it sometimes, I'm sure that it's my lack of full understanding. I was hoping for something that was more abbreviated, the Chapter 11 section contains tests using "phatcat" (something I don't use), Examples of things that don't work (LVS_DR without persistence) and some notes that appear contradictory. (Julian says the module are required, Jeremy can't get it to work) At times the the HOWTO reads like a blog not a manual.

I love the project, it's working great balancing our HTTP and HTTPS and I want to add the same failover/loadbalancing for our FTP servers then even our SMTP traffic. I wish I had more time to devote to becoming more fluent in all the LVS speak.

Jeff