Re: Email alerts for ldirectord (patch in URL)

Subject: Re: Email alerts for ldirectord (patch in URL)
From: JD Weiner <jeremiah.weiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:46:34 -0400
Horms wrote:
> 1. The alerts need to be able to be turned on or off in the
>    configuration file. Perhaps a simple configuration varibale, that can
>    be global and per-virtual, and defaults to off. alertmail might not
>    be such a bad name

        Maybe instead of directly sending email, there should just be a hook
for when a server changes status?  If ldirectord could call an arbitrary
user-defined program, then all the complexity and configurability could
be pushed into that, instead of it having to live in the main code.
Also, it would permit arbitrary actions instead of just email - I don't
know if anyone's ever expressed interest in that, but it would leave the
possibility open.

--
JD Weiner                       Senior System Administrator
24/7 Real Media                 jeremiah.weiner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx