Taking out realserver for maintenance

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Taking out realserver for maintenance
From: Jan Bruvoll <jan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 18:02:36 +0100
Dear list,

I need to take a realserver out from one of my VS configs temporarily,
and I have tried doing this by setting the weight of this particular
realserver to 0. However, nothing is happening - the server is still
receiving connections as before I made the adjustment.

I have tried looking through the documentation and list postings new and
old without finding any clues to what is going wrong. Any help would
therefore be most appreciated.

My config (presumably irrelevant parts omitted) from ipvsadm-save:
-A -t vs.somewhere.com:https -s wlc -p 360
-a -t vs.somewhere.com:https -r app-5:https -g -w 10
-a -t vs.somewhere.com:https -r app-4:https -g -w 10
-a -t vs.somewhere.com:https -r app-3:https -g -w 10
-a -t vs.somewhere.com:https -r app-2:https -g -w 1
-a -t vs.somewhere.com:https -r app-1:https -g -w 0

The host I am trying to removed is app-1, at the end of the list. The
config was created using keepalived, with an original weight of 5.
Initially I also tried using wrr as the scheduler, without any effect.

The stats (the command to zero out the weight was issued 4 hours ago):
TCP  vs.somewhere.com:https wlc persistent 360
  -> app-5:https                  Route   10     182        1
  -> app-4:https                  Route   10     176        1
  -> app-3:https                  Route   10     170        34
  -> app-2:https                  Local   1      18         0
  -> app-1:https                  Route   0      64         0

Any takers?

TIA & best regards
Jan Bruvoll