Re: Using DNS as a load-balancer [was RE: talk by Radware, a commercial

Subject: Re: Using DNS as a load-balancer [was RE: talk by Radware, a commercial loadbalancer]
From: "Peter J Milanese" <PMilanese@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 04:47:23 -0400
Apologies for the mail layout here...

Did the conversation go from load balancing dns to using dns to balance load? I

If the former, if dns is designed properly (helpful if phones are dhcp), then
dns would be inherently robust enough to handle it. I feel that adding hops to
measure response/status would be a feature without much benefit.

If the later, I agree that all of the above (ok, below) would need to be
satisfied. Also, throw persistence out the window.

Sent from my NYPL BlackBerry Handheld.