RE: Using LVS for MySQL traffic

Subject: RE: Using LVS for MySQL traffic
From: "Mark" <msalists@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:35:03 -0700
But you only solve half of the problem - if your master goes down you can not
do write operations any more...
Still better than being down completely of course, especially if you have a
higher percentage of reads compared to writes, plus you
have the load-balancing if your reads are complex load-intensive queries.

Did you ever try master-master replication? Some people use that, but I think
it's not totally trivial, there are some potential
pitfalls.

MARK