Re: Using LVS for MySQL traffic

Subject: Re: Using LVS for MySQL traffic
From: mike <mike503@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:58:37 -0700
this is exactly how i was doing it.

the problem was that i expected the data on the slaves to be realtime
- and the replication moved too slow. not to mention it broke a lot
(not sure why) - anytime there was a query that failed it halted
replication.

in which case, i had to either take the master down, or put it in
read-only mode, so i could copy the database over, and re-initialize
replication.

of course, this was on sub-par equipment, and maybe nowadays it runs
better. i'm thinking that the NDBcluster solution might be better
since it's designed for this more - replication still (afaik) sucks
because when you need to re-sync it requires the server to be down or
put in read-only, which is essentially downtime.