Re: Using LVS for MySQL traffic

Subject: Re: Using LVS for MySQL traffic
From: Troy Hakala <troy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 17:26:15 -0700
Manually. But it's never happened in real life, just in lab tests. A script
could be written to do it, I guess, but it's not that simple.

All the talk about redundancy and high-availability is a bit academic, IMO,
unless it really is mission-critical -- and if it was, I'd be using Oracle
and not MySQL so I could blame them. ;-)

As I mentioned, none of this matters if bandwidth and electricity go out,
which is less reliable in my experience than solid-state computer hardware.

But this is getting off-topic, maybe we should continue this in private
mail?