Re: LVS-NAT Active FTP issue...

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT Active FTP issue...
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 19:10:15 +0100
>> Not having read the whole thread in all its entirety per se, could you
>> be specific on what exactly you need proper documentation? Is it
>> netfilter or IPVS related, and if so, which part of LVS?
>
> He has an ftp LVS that's running active ftp but the ftpd uses a random
> ftp-data port != 20 (ftp-data port can be different for each
> connection). He wants to know how to find out the ftp-data port for each
> connection and then tell the ftp helper module which port to look for.

Unless I'm mistaken that should be PASV mode, also according to [1]. Is
there an indication in RFC959 which states that this "behaviour" is
legal as well for active FTP? On top of that, does netfilter cope with
this or do you need a RELATED rule?

[1] http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html

Regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz (who forgets about the stupid FTP workings every 3
months or so)
--
echo
'[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc