Re: LVS-NAT Active FTP issue...

Subject: Re: LVS-NAT Active FTP issue...
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 10:28:36 -0800 (PST)
On Sun, 27 Nov 2005, Roberto Nibali wrote:

Unless I'm mistaken that should be PASV mode, also according to [1].

I'd never heard of it, but he sounds like he knows the difference between the server calling from port=20 (or !=20 as is his case) and the server waiting for a call from the client to some other port.

Mark you're sure this is active?

Is there an indication in RFC959 which states that this "behaviour" is legal as well for active FTP?

no-one requires code to obey standards to sell it ;-(

On top of that, does netfilter cope with this or do you need a RELATED rule?

this is one of the points of discussion.

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!