Re: Adding multiple "address" lines to lvs.cf?

Subject: Re: Adding multiple "address" lines to lvs.cf?
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 13:28:20 +0000
Hi

On 14/03/2006 13:18, mike wrote:
basically i guess the point is that i want to consider my webservers
as a pool of servers doing the same thing... and have as many external
IPs as I want be sent in to that same pool of servers. the servers
themselves don't care, the only thing is trying to figure out if LVS
supports that abstraction...

Use the fwmark LVS service instead. That way you use netfilter/iptables on the traffic arriving on your director from the clients to assign a MARK value according to the IP addresses you want to "group"; you then configure LVS to match the MARK value rather than a given VIP.

This way you can group *all* of your VIPs into a single MARK value, and have a single LVS "pool" with all of your realservers in it.

Reading between the lines it looks like you're either using Ultramonkey or some RH specific widget, neither of which I can help you configure. But I can give you an idea :)

Graeme