Re: LVS-Tunn question.

Subject: Re: LVS-Tunn question.
From: blah blax <blahblax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:28:47 -0700 (PDT)
Hey Joe,

Let me elaborate a little bit on exactly what the uses of this are going to be.
We have about 50 servers, on different networks around the world, but these are
constrained by speed, in terms of upload(anywhere from capped at 2mbit to
50mbit).

What we would like to do is allow these 50 servers to make the actual connects
to the ftp servers we need to "talk" to, but "burst" the actual upload data
from a 1gbit US pipe that we have.
So, the solution we would be looking for would be where we have multiple
"directors" and one "realserver", maybe the terminology is quite confusing..
but I say directors because we have 50 of these making the actual connects, and
"realserver" because we have only 1 server pretending to be all these 50 and
bursting the data.

I hope ive clarified some.

Please let me know if you can think of a solution to this.

If you can think of a solution where we can have just 1 director making the
connect, and the realserver bursting the data, im sure we'd find a way to
expand it, just trying our best not to haveto code a completely new solution.

Thanks!

Regards.
Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>the director would have to send packets with src_addr=CIP?

Joe