Re: LVS-Tunn question.

Subject: Re: LVS-Tunn question.
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 09:41:00 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, blah blax wrote:

Hey Joe,

Let me elaborate a little bit on exactly what the uses of this are going to be.

Let's see how I'm doing...

You have 50 decoys around the world, each pretending to be your ftp server. You have one real ftp server. You want your clients to connect to the nearest (or one of the) decoy machine, but you want the files served from the real ftp server, because it has a fat pipe to the world. Is this it?

If so, not exactly what you want, but it might do - Horm Saru setup - geographically distributed servers. There's a link in the HOWTO.

hmm. I assume your 50 decoys all have different IPs and names?

If so then you have 50 directors, all of which use the same realserver. The realserver would have 50 VIPs on it and each would act independantly - the realserver doesn't care that it's part of 50 LVS's. Yes that would work no problems at all. Just to be safe (for failover) you could have two realservers (each in a different part of the world maybe)

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!