Re: keepalived backup issues

Subject: Re: keepalived backup issues
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 16:10:29 +0100
Hi

On 27/04/2006 15:53, Mike Borsuk wrote:
Sorry, I didn't mean the virtual_router_id, I meant the global lvs_id needs
to be different.  Yes the vitrual_router_ids need to match, they show up as
vrid in the VRRPv2 packets.

OK, that's good.

Do your directors have any firewall packages installed on them? If you're not seeing VRRP packets on the external LAN then it could be that your firewall is silently dropping them via the OUTPUT chain.

Also, you could conceivably - and probably should, in fact - keep all your announcements on your internal LAN (I posted something about this not too long ago). If you don't control the external LAN, only use it for ingress/egress traffic, and do inter-server comms on your internal LAN.

Graeme