Getting started with LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Getting started with LVS
From: John Oliver <joliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 11:54:31 -0700
I'm looking to build a highly-available cluster with LVS, and have been
poring through readmes, etc.  But I have some questions that aren't
covered, at least anywhere that I can find.

1) Heartbeat / ldirectord vs. keepalived / vpprd

I saw a comparison of the two that was written three years ago.  Today,
why would I want one rather than the other?

2) Heartbeat 1.2.3 vs 2.0.2

I see both versions out there, but no reference as to why I would want
one or the other.  Should I go with 2, or is it still devel / bleeding
edge?

3) ipvsadm version

My machines are CentOS 4.3, and I grabbed the 2.6.16.16 kernel  I see a
couple of references to the vesrion of ipvsadm needing to be right for
the vesrion of IPVS, but no table that tells me which is which.  I also
see some references to ipvsadm maybe kinda sorta working or looking like
it's working but really screwing things up, so I want to be sure.  I
found ipvsadm-1.24-5.i386.rpm, ipvsadm-1.21, ipvsadm-1.21-11, and
ipvsadm-1.24  Which should I use?