Re: Getting started with LVS

Subject: Re: Getting started with LVS
From: Sadique <sadique@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 19:56:23 +0530
John Oliver wrote:

>I'm looking to build a highly-available cluster with LVS, and have been
>poring through readmes, etc.  But I have some questions that aren't
>covered, at least anywhere that I can find.
>
>1) Heartbeat / ldirectord vs. keepalived / vpprd
>
>I saw a comparison of the two that was written three years ago.  Today,
>why would I want one rather than the other?

I would recommend using LVS + keepalived with VRRPv2. Using that you can
set up loadbalancing between two loadbalancers which cannot be done by
Hearbeat + ldirectrod. Withe the former two lvs directors would function
for handling requests for multiple ips and redirecting them to real
servers and if one server is down the other would take the charge of the
failed server.