Re: LVS DR and tcpdump

Subject: Re: LVS DR and tcpdump
From: Kai Suchomel1 <KAISUCH@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 17:02:29 +0200
The Samba Service is responsible to share a SAN Filesystem.
Here especially GPFS. This File system is shared among all the Samba
Services on the RS.
So that when i connect to VIP and the SAN Filesystem for the Client it is
transparent on which RS the connection will be established.
When the RS fails, after doing a reconnect, the Client can access the SAN
Filesystem over another RS.
I am trying to implement HA for Samba Filesharing.

Advanced Technical Support Storage
Hechtsheimerstr. 2, D-55131-12 Mainz, Germany
[notes.IBM] Kai Suchomel1/Germany/IBM
[email.IBM] kaisuch@xxxxxxxxxx
[phone.IBM] +496131842159
[mobile.IBM] + 491773354564

             Joseph Mack NA3T
             <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
             lvs-users-bounces         "LinuxVirtualServer.org users
             @LinuxVirtualServ         mailing list."
             er.org                    <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             12.06.2006 16:02                                      Subject
                                       Re: LVS DR and tcpdump

             Please respond to
             "LinuxVirtualServ
               er.org users
              mailing list."
             <lvs-users@LinuxV
             irtualServer.org>

On Mon, 12 Jun 2006, Kai Suchomel1 wrote:

> My Configuration so far, is very simple.
> A Client connects to the VIP.
> If a RS went down, the client has to make a reconnect to the VIP.
> The Director transfers this new Request to another server.

I don't know much about windows. What happens to the state
stored on the domain server (or whatever the LVS appears to
be to the windows clients), when the RS goes down? Are you
copying files between the LVS and the windows clients?

What are your windows clients using the LVS for?