Re: LVS + keepalived problem

To: navid.rahimi@xxxxxxxxx, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS + keepalived problem
From: "J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx" <J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 21:24:15 +0100
Navid Rahimi wrote:
Hi,

I am running RHEL4 ( 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp), ipvsadm v1.24, keepalived v1.1.13. I can get virtual ip addresses to fail-over but when I add a virtual service nothing gets added to LVS, ipvsadm -L shows nothing. I compiled both ipvsadm
and keepalived from source. During the compliation I did make sure IPVS
framework/sync daemon support were enabled. Yet no virtual services show up in ipvsadm. I am trying to setup a streamlined ha/load balancer i.e. the LVS
router and real servers are the same.
VIP: 10.1.1.100
LVS routers/real servers :10.1.1.20, 10.1.1.30

Thanks,
Navid
Did you load the ip_vs module and other ip_vs_* modules? Does lsmod show them?
Did you use ipvsadm -A ... to add a new service?