Re: LVS + keepalived problem

To: navid.rahimi@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: LVS + keepalived problem
From: "Brett Elliott" <brettelliott@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 11:11:00 -0800
If it found 2.4.20 it did not find the correct version.h. Also make
sure to build the kernel so that it generates the version.h - it's not
there in the source, it must be built. And the sym link must be
correct, use the .i686 directory. Run strace -f on the configure and
look for the open() call that loads in the version.h. It should tell
you where it is looking for it and where it found it.

On 12/7/06, Navid Rahimi <navid.rahimi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I actually did have a symlink from 2.6.9 to /usr/src/linux before I ran it.
so it should have found the correct version.h no?

On 12/7/06, Brett Elliott < brettelliott@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Ahah, I just ran into this problem.
>
> Notice this:
>
> % cat /usr/include/linux/version.h
> #define UTS_RELEASE "2.4.20"
>
> The configure script first looks in /usr/src/linux for version.h then
> it looks in /usr/include. Try running
>
> rpmbuild -bp --target i686 kernel-2.6.spec
>
> That should generate version.h. Then do a sym link:
>
> ln -s /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-2.6.16/linux-2.6.16.i686 /usr/src/linux
>
> Run configure again and it should see that you're using the 2.6 kernel.
>
> On 12/7/06, Navid Rahimi <navid.rahimi@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks for the reply...I do have all the modues. I found my
problem....there
> > seems to be a problem in the spec file or how rpms are built, not sure
who
> > to blame here.  I originally ran ./configure and made sure every thing
was
> > ok then built the rpms and installed it...after carefully reviewing the
> > rpmbuild output i noticed that it thinks i have kernel 2.4.20 while i
have
> > 2.6.9. then it couldn't find some of the libraries and thus it didn't
> > include ipvs support. the moral of the story: don't build the rpm!
> >
> > Navid

IPVS