Re: LVS + keepalived problem

To: "J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx" <J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS + keepalived problem
From: "Navid Rahimi" <navid.rahimi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 12:04:38 -0500
Thanks for the reply...I do have all the modues. I found my problem....there
seems to be a problem in the spec file or how rpms are built, not sure who
to blame here.  I originally ran ./configure and made sure every thing was
ok then built the rpms and installed it...after carefully reviewing the
rpmbuild output i noticed that it thinks i have kernel 2.4.20 while i have
2.6.9. then it couldn't find some of the libraries and thus it didn't
include ipvs support. the moral of the story: don't build the rpm!

Navid

On 12/6/06, J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx <J.Libak@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Navid Rahimi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running RHEL4 ( 2.6.9-42.0.3.ELsmp), ipvsadm v1.24, keepalived
> v1.1.13.
> I can get virtual ip addresses to fail-over but when I add a virtual
> service
> nothing gets added to LVS, ipvsadm -L shows nothing. I compiled both
> ipvsadm
> and keepalived from source. During the compliation I did make sure IPVS
> framework/sync daemon support were enabled.  Yet no virtual services
> show up
> in ipvsadm. I am trying to setup a streamlined ha/load balancer i.e.
> the LVS
> router and real servers are the same.
> VIP: 10.1.1.100
> LVS routers/real servers :10.1.1.20, 10.1.1.30
>
> Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Navid
Did you load the ip_vs module and other ip_vs_* modules? Does lsmod show
them?
Did you use ipvsadm -A ... to add a new service?

--
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill (1874 - 1965)