Re: [lvs-users] LVS + keepalived + QEMU + VDE2

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + keepalived + QEMU + VDE2
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:57:40 -0400
Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> The reasons for two networks are
>
> o you get two ports for the director to talk out of (twice
> the bandwidth)
>
> o the inside and the outside are isolated traffic-wise, ie
> no-one on the outside gets to see traffic in the inside.

As I explored 2-LAN the separation was great for security but a real
problem for figuring out how to keep all my accesses and shared services
working. I'll have to work on the security part some more but having
things in one network definitely simplifies things. As far as bandwidth,
all my machines have two gig nics so maybe I can find a way to increase
the throughput.

> If you have other restraints that override these, then by
> all means use a one-network LVS.
>

>> Has anyone done this using QEMU and VDE2 yet?
>>
> no,
Dang, I hate being on the point. :-)