Re: [lvs-users] LVS + keepalived + QEMU + VDE2

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + keepalived + QEMU + VDE2
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 13:04:36 -0700 (PDT)
On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Gerry Reno wrote:

> As I explored 2-LAN the separation was great for security but a real
> problem for figuring out how to keep all my accesses and shared services
> working. I'll have to work on the security part some more but having
> things in one network definitely simplifies things. As far as bandwidth,
> all my machines have two gig nics so maybe I can find a way to increase
> the throughput.

I don't know the ins and outs of your setup, but since
you're thinking of one network, it can't be LVS-NAT.

I assume you've only got local resources (like NAS, sql...)
which can be on the (private) RIP network. Any resources
on the internet that the realservers need can be accessed by
NAT'ing from the RIP through the router, then the only IP
that is facing the outside world is the VIP.

>> no,
> Dang, I hate being on the point. :-)

it's really fun out here.