Re: [lvs-users] Keepalived + LVS-DR not working [SOLVED]

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Keepalived + LVS-DR not working [SOLVED]
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 21:08:09 -0400
I have found a technique that allows me to control LVS-DR VIP with
keepalived only. I modified the /etc/keepalived/ip_localhost script that
I have been using to issue a remote "ip addr add' command to the real
servers for the 'del' case and put the VIP on the lo device. Right now
I'm using 'rsh' to do this but later I will generate a certificate and
use 'ssh'. Now all I do is 'service keepalived start' on both directors
and like magic, everything works for LVS-DR. No need to remember to
manually assign the VIP on the real servers.

Gerry