Re: [lvs-users] Keepalived + LVS-DR not working [SOLVED]

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Keepalived + LVS-DR not working [SOLVED]
From: Gerry Reno <greno@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 22:49:02 -0400
Gerry Reno wrote:
> I have found a technique that allows me to control LVS-DR VIP with
> keepalived only. I modified the /etc/keepalived/ip_localhost script that
> I have been using to issue a remote "ip addr add' command to the real
> servers for the 'del' case and put the VIP on the lo device. Right now
> I'm using 'rsh' to do this but later I will generate a certificate and
> use 'ssh'. Now all I do is 'service keepalived start' on both directors
> and like magic, everything works for LVS-DR. No need to remember to
> manually assign the VIP on the real servers.
>
> Gerry

I can even set the arp_announce and arp_ignore remotely so now
everything is in just two config files:
keepalived.conf and ip_localhost

I have found that when needing to recycle keepalived that the order of
starting and stopping seems to matter. The most reliable way I have
found is:
service keepalived stop (backup director)
service keepalived stop (master director)
service keepalived start (master director)
service keepalived start (backup director)

otherwise LVS seems to get confused and there ends up being no entries
in the LVS table. Maybe this is related to how I am configuring
keepalived but I wouldn't think setting the VIP on the real servers
would affect the LVS table.

Gerry