Re: [lvs-users] [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 1.1.14

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] [ANNOUNCE] Keepalived 1.1.14
From: Matthias Saou <thias@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 19:28:13 +0200
Matthias Saou wrote :

> Alexandre Cassen wrote :
>
> > 2007-09-13  Alexandre Cassen  <acassen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >         * keepalived-1.1.14 released.
> >         * Shinji Tanaka, <stanaka at hatena.ne.jp> extended parsing
> >           framework to support "include" directives. For more
> >           informations and documentation please refer to Shinji
> >           website :
> > http://misccs.dyndns.org/index.php?keepalived%20include%20patch
>
> My oh my! You just made my day! I've got a new setup which has lots of
> redundant sections in keepalived.conf which I'll now be able to split
> out... much easier to maintain :-)

Ouch. Actually this doesn't seem to be implemented in a way it can
achieve what I was hoping. I wanted to do something like :

On server 1 :

vrrp_instance foo {
    state MASTER
    priority 150
    include vrrp-foo.conf
}

On server 2 :

vrrp_instance foo {
    state BACKUP
    priority 50
    include vrrp-foo.conf
}

Then be able to share/sync the vrrp-foo.conf file between the two
servers. For the "virtual_server" sections this will work since there is
nothing specific inside them, so it's already very helpful, but ideally
I wanted to have the above vrrp-foo.conf look like this :

    authentication {
        auth_type PASS
        auth_pass blablabla
    }
    virtual_ipaddress {
        ! IP addresses...
    }
}

virtual_server 10.10.10.10 80 {
    delay_loop 6
    lb_algo wrr
    lb_kind NAT
    persistence_timeout 60
    persistence_granularity 255.255.255.0
    protocol TCP
    ha_suspend

    real_server 10.10.0.1 80 {
        ! etc...
    }

Maybe a little extreme (hackish? :-)), but it would allow me to
"externalize" everything that is common to both servers and only have
very short different files.

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.22.5-71.fc7
Load : 0.50 0.48 0.53