[lvs-users] Two Server Pools

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [lvs-users] Two Server Pools
From: Jeff Anderson <jefferya@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 09:23:32 -0600
Hello,

I have failed to find anything in the mailing list, documentation, or general googling so here I am!

Basically I am setting up one LVS director to replace DNS Round Robin for machines for our users to ssh into. I'm sure I can implement LVS just fine for that. I'll probably just implement it right on our firewall.

If it works, and we like it, we will consider using LVS for other services, such as mail or ldap. Can I set up multiple real server pools based on the service (port)? I'd definitely want to have different virtual IPs for each service, but I haven't found any documentation on achieving this. I'd appreciate any and all links, or magic google terms. If I'm not clear enough, let me know and I'll provide an example that is a little more detailed.

Thanks!

Jeff Anderson