Re: [lvs-users] failover on SH

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] failover on SH
From: Graeme Fowler <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:13:07 +0100
On Thu, 2008-10-16 at 05:47 -0700, Jeff Pang wrote:
> I have sent new requests to LVS many times, but all requests are failed.
> Just seems LVS didn't redirect the coming requests to another alive
> realserver.

Like I said, I haven't used the SH scheduler but the fact that it's
based on the source IP and has an "affinity" (I use the word *very*
loosely) between the source and destination makes me think that even
"new" requests (SYN packets) coming in from the same source IP/port will
be directed to the same server.

I'll have to go read the code to see if this is the case.

You should simply remove the server if the healthcheck fails, rather
than quiesce it.

Graeme