Re: [lvs-users] How to Tell If an RS Is Really Up

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] How to Tell If an RS Is Really Up
From: Thomas Pedoussaut <thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 14:28:49 +0000
Robinson, Eric wrote:
>> what's your criteria for up and down?
>> You can tell the weights by running `ipvsadm`
>>

> Sorry for being ambiguous. The question is, when ipvsadm displays weight
> 1, how do I know the weight was changed to 1 by a healthcheck and not
> just by someone running ipvsadm with -w 1?

Because your healthcheck will flip it back to 0 or even remove it within
a few seconds if it's down ?

The healthcheck does nothing more ipvs wise than setting the weight with
ipvsadm -w .....
Think about it as 2 separate processes. ipvs doesn't care if the RS is
"up" or "down", and keepalived (or other) doesn't really care if IPVS is
passing traffic to it.

--
Thomas