Re: [lvs-users] How to Tell If an RS Is Really Up

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] How to Tell If an RS Is Really Up
From: "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 07:49:49 -0800
It doesn't seem to be flipping back. For example, I have two Windows
terminal servers. When I want to maintain one of them, I set it's weight
to 0, which prevents new connections while continuing to service active
ones. The weight remains 0 even though the system is up and the
healthchecks (checktype=connect) are running. When the active connection
count drops to 0, then I turn the server off and work on it. After
turning it back on, I manually set the weight to 1 and then people can
log into it.

That's what made me think there was a difference between what ldirectord
does and what I do at the command line.

So now I'm trying the same thing with a pair of servers running a bunch
of httpd processes. I have a script that sets the weights for all VS
running pointed to a particular RS. To maintain one of the RS, I run the
script to set all its weights to 0 and then I wait for the active
connection counts to all reach 0.

That's whan I realized I have a problem. After I've run the script, how
can I tell the difference between ones that are really down and ones
that were set down by the script.

I have a feeling I'm approaching this wrong.

--
Eric Robinson