Re: [lvs-users] How to Tell If an RS Is Really Up

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] How to Tell If an RS Is Really Up
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 15:10:38 -0800 (PST)
On Thu, 4 Dec 2008, Robinson, Eric wrote:

> Are we sure this behavior isn't by design? If not, I hope it never
> changes.

Thanks for the details in your earlier posting. I didn't
understand the problem and I wasn't aware of this behaviour
either. Glad Graeme had something to say. I wonder if
ldirectord watches the tables that ipvsadm writes to and
takes that info as the state the realserver is supposed to
be in. Mon has a similar capability (it's been a while since
I looked at it, so I'm foggy on the details). You tell mon
the the ipvsadm command/state/weight etc you want for the
realserver's service when the realserver's service is up and
mon issues ipvsadm commands appropriate for whether the
realserver's service is up or down. So when you're using mon
you control the lvs via mon and then mon issues the ipvsadm
commands. It looks like ldirectord is functionally similar.