[lvs-users] ldirectord takes long time to add real servers

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [lvs-users] ldirectord takes long time to add real servers
From: "ozz lioi" <olioi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 12:25:24 -0700
Greetings,

I have an instance of LVS running on my firewall and it does split the load
to 2 web servers very well.

If the Apache servers are restarted closely together, we can see lots of
mis-directions for some of our sites as well as wrong certificates getting
called.

I noticed that after the httpd service restarted the logs for lredirectord
take 1 hour to add the real server back, from web1.

As I'm quite inexperienced with LVS, I'm looking for a solution or any
clues, or just a push in the right direction.

Ozz Lioi

Systems Administrator

Lightbox Media

olioi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx