Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT in Linux 2.6

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS-NAT in Linux 2.6
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2009 09:52:55 -0600
Actually, since its NAT, the realservers get an IP address on another subnet
that's exclusive to the NAT setup.  Then the IPVS director does the NAT and
routing, sending the requests and responses out to the rest of the network with
its own IP address.  The issue I'm running into is that requests for Windows
domain stuff in NT4 domains is done of UDP ports 137 and 138.  There's an
in-kernel conntrack helper for requests on port 137, but not port 138.  This
means that when the NT servers send responses to WINS requests on port 138 the
IPVS director does not know what to do with these responses, so they just get
discarded.  Trying to figure out how to deal with that - there don't really
seem to be any helper applications for this currently available for Linux.

-Nick

On Thu, 3 Sep 2009, Nick Couchman wrote:

> with the exception that my XP VMs cannot see my Windows
> domain over NAT.

I have no experience with VMs, but I would expect that the
windows realservers will have the same IPs as before they
were put behind a director. Why can't they see the windows
domain?

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.