Re: [lvs-users] "wrong" redirecting by the director

Subject: Re: [lvs-users] "wrong" redirecting by the director
From: "Peter Stimpel" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 11:46:04 +0100

> I would try changing the scheduler to either Round Robin (rr) or
> Weighted Round Robin (wrr) as you're being given the default, Weighted
> Least Connections (wlc).
>
> [...]
>
> You could try the more complex scheduler such as sed or nq, but I
would
> suggest that rr would be a good start especially as you start "clean"
> every morning.

That idea was our first one, and RR has some downsides in our usecase.
The biggest issue, it is not really a smart connection distribution.
This means on restarts of a single realserver during the day the
distribution becomes really odd. However, I will give it another try.

A mix of LC and RR would be cool, or  a way to include inactive
connections in the calculation.

Regards

Peter