Re: [lvs-users] New to LVS

To: Doug Bagley <doug@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] New to LVS
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 11:07:53 -0500 (EST)
On 15 Feb 2000, Doug Bagley wrote:

> Looking at the source, it looks like
> each service (VIP) has a list of real servers (destinations), and the
> active connection count is by each RIP in a VIP, not by RIP alone.
> That is, the active connections from one VIP are not counted in the
> active connections for any other VIP.

yes.

I don't know the code real well..., but

there is a hash table for each VIP and scheduling is done from it.

> It seems to me it would be useful in some cases to use the total number
> of connections to a real server in the load balancing calculation, in
> the case where the real server participates in servicing a number of
> different VIPs.

there's lots of things that could be done and people fix what
they think is worth their time to fix. This one could be a mess
to change.

Right now I'd be more interested to find out why REDIRECT is 3 times
slower than having the VIP on a non-arping device, to see if it can be
fixed.

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx