Re: [lvs-users] New to LVS

To: Doug Bagley <doug@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] New to LVS
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 20:12:40 -0500 (EST)
On 15 Feb 2000, Doug Bagley wrote:

> "Alexander Meis (simmail]" <simmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > Is it possibel to have virtual Domains based on one IP in the Cluster ?
>
> Since LVS balances at the IP level, it should have no bearing on
> name-based virtual web hosting which is done via HTTP/1.1.  I'm
> assuming that is what this question is about, since it looks like
> the requirement is to do virtual web hosting with a single IP (which
> would be one VIP on the Director in this case).

I didn't realise what he was asking. I wrote some stuff in the HOWTO
about setting up https, which is name-based, but I didn't realise that
there was named-based and ip-based (is that what it's called?) virtual
web hosting. Is there a non-https (ie regular http) named-based virtual
web address? If so how/where do you set it up in apache? How does the
browser call the site (passes the site name along with the connect
request)?

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx