RE: Synchronization on LVS.

To: "Yong Wei" <tyongwei@xxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <ywteh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Synchronization on LVS.
From: "Ronny Adsetts" <ronny.adsetts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 14:21:36 +0100
> From: Yong Wei, 23 October 2000 02:17
<snip>

> Another thing, I am going to install mysql database
> server on the primary and backup nodes. How to
> synchoronize the data transactions and make sure that
> when primary is down, the backup node has the updated
>  data found in the primary?

There is new functionality introduced to MySQL that allows limited data
synchronisation using a master-slave type model. You can run all servers
(masters and slaves) but only the master should do writes to the DB. I've
not tried it out but you can read about here:

http://www.mysql.com/documentation/mysql/commented/manual.php?section=Replic
ation

Regards,
Ronny Adsetts (long-time lurker :¬)