Re: https not getting redirected?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: https not getting redirected?
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Paul Lussier <pll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:27:28 -0500
In a message dated: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 12:05:37 EST
Joseph Mack said:

>> I think there might have been some confusion between
>> myself and the other people trying to implement this environment where they
>> were binding to one IP and I was re-directing to a different one.  They've
>> just finished moving all the network around, so now I have to go and see if
>> I can't make some sense of the re-achitecting they've done :)
>
>the left hand and the right hand...

Ayup!  That's what it was.  It turns out the guys writing the application were
starting up a logical interface with one ip, and the LVS scripts I wrote were
doing the same, but with a different alias/ip.

In addition, they had told me to send <ip 1>:443 to RS1-4, and <ip 2>:443
to RS1a-4a where these were different IPs, but really also just logical
interfaces on the real-servers.  When I looked at the ifconfig output of the
realservers, I had eth0, eth0:1-4 defined, but I was redirecting to one set of
aliases, but their app was listening on a different set up ip/alias pairs.

Now that I know what's going on, things seem to make a whole lot more sense.
And this stuff's working to boot :)

Thanks alot for all the input!
--

Seeya,