Re: https not getting redirected?

To: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: https not getting redirected?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Paul Lussier <pll@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 17:13:49 -0500
In a message dated: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 00:05:51 GMT
Julian Anastasov said:

>       Hello,
>
>       It is not obvious from the provided ipvsadm output. Can you
>tcpdump one session? Many things can go wrong in test environments?

If I run tcpdump on the LVS server, I see the connections coming in to it.
If I run tcpdump on the readl server, I see nothing.

>       Stop all real servers and leave only one where you will start
>tcpdump -len host client

That's exactly what I was doing.

>       How do you detect that it is not working, only by looking in
>the browser window? The ipvsadm table is empty which can mean that
>you hit directly the real server (ARP problem) but you don't mention
>when this output is generated, before or after the failed SSL test.

I detect that it is not working by:

        telnet <vip> 443

This does work from a client, yet does if I:

        telnet <real server> 443

Thanks,
--

Seeya,