Re: https not getting redirected?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: https not getting redirected?
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:08:38 -0500
Paul Lussier wrote:

> In a message dated: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 19:30:50 EST
> Joseph Mack said:
>
> >can you telnet to 443 on the real-server?
>
> Ayup.  I don't get anything other than:
>
>         Connected to foo.bar.com
>         Escape character is '^]'.

same result here. that's news to me. I thought it didn't connect.

> but I can't even get that when I try to connect through the LVS server.
> I get instead:
>
>         telnet: Unable to connect to remote host: Connection refused

(long shot)
did you read the bit in the HOWTO about https where you have to get the
certificate correct. The IP for the certificate has to be for the VIP
not the RIP. If your real-server has a certificate and you're connecting to
the real-server at it's RIP, you should set up the real-server with the VIP
on a real pingable eth0 type device for a proper test (and remove all
machines with IP=VIP from the network).

> I think the problem might have something to do with the client  I'm trying to
> connect to, so I need to speak to the developers of said app (it's not an
> SSL webserver, but similar).

if your client can connect directly to the real-server with your client, then
you
should be able to connect to the real-server via the director with the same
client. The director is just shuffling packets.