Re: Pb with modules ...

To: Sebastien COUREAU <lifo@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pb with modules ...
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Herve Piedvache <herve@xxxxxxx>, Jean-Christophe Boggio <cat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:34:03 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Sebastien COUREAU wrote:

> > cat /proc/slabinfo
> The computer has been rebooted ...

        Periodically execute the above command and see whether the
ip_vs* or ip_conntrack entries increase. Here is the description of the
/proc/slabinfo columns:

1. name
2. active objects
3. number of objects
4. object size
5. active slabs
6. number of slabs
7. gfporder (order of pgs per slab)

        I'm sure if there is a memory leak in LVS you will see that
columns 2 and 3 increase and the values are greater than the sum of
all active+inactive connections. May be you can see them just now.
If this leak exists lsmod should report it even now, without waiting
such long period of time. I assume the connection rate is now
stabilized and the size can not increase much.

> > It souldn't be difficult to find the problem if there is
> > such one.
>
> Ok, but if there isn't, why this trouble came up ?

        It is surprise for me :) I asked you about the scheduler because
some schedulers allocate more memory. But you don't see such big module
sizes for the LVS scheduler modules?

> --
> Lifo.

Regards