Re: Pb with modules ...

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Pb with modules ...
Cc: "Herve Piedvache" <herve@xxxxxxx>, "Jean-Christophe Boggio" <cat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Sebastien COUREAU" <lifo@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 18:46:17 +0100
> Periodically execute the above command and see whether the
> ip_vs* or ip_conntrack entries increase. Here is the description of the
> /proc/slabinfo columns:
>
> 1. name
> 2. active objects
> 3. number of objects
> 4. object size
> 5. active slabs
> 6. number of slabs
> 7. gfporder (order of pgs per slab)

Thx!

> I'm sure if there is a memory leak in LVS you will see that
> columns 2 and 3 increase and the values are greater than the sum of
> all active+inactive connections. May be you can see them just now.
> If this leak exists lsmod should report it even now, without waiting
> such long period of time. I assume the connection rate is now
> stabilized and the size can not increase much.

Yep, that the case ...
on a little LB rule, I can see:

#ipvsadm -Ln
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port          Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  195.68.41.202:80 rr
  -> 10.1.0.97:80                Masq    1      0          0
[

#cat /proc/slabinfo
ip_vs                  0     30    128    0    1    1
ip_conntrack           3     22    352    1    2    1

A few minites ago, there were more active objects, but no more connection..

Is the way to ugrade ^my lvs soft ?

Regards,

--
Lifo.