Re: ip_masq_ftp 2.2.19

To: Jeremy Kusnetz <JKusnetz@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ip_masq_ftp 2.2.19
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 21:47:51 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Mon, 11 Jun 2001, Jeremy Kusnetz wrote:

> Again, everything works fine when ftping from the same client behind the
> firewall to LVS servers that are still running my 2.2.16 and 0.9.15 version
> of the patch.

        What do you mean? The client and the real server are on same
network (the internal masq net)? This is not working for the DeMasq
forwarding method which is used from the "portforwarding" and LVS.

> I know that the ip_masq_ftp module was overhauled for kernel 2.2.19.  I AM
> including starting the module with in_ports=21 for the new module.
>
> Does this sound like an LVS problem with the new version, or a problem with
> the ip_masq_ftp module for kernel 2.2.19?

        If I understand this setup (is it new? Please, explain) you
are trying to connect directly the real server with the client?
Diagram?

> I've also verified I get the same problems with both the FTPD I am using
> with the old kernel, and WUFTPD.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>